As media reports on corporate scandals make clear, ethics need to be at the heart and soul of every business decision. Boards are responsible for setting the tone at the top and satisfying themselves as to the integrity of the CEO and management. But how does the board assess whether the organization has a sustainable culture of integrity to support transparency and ethical decision-making and protect against the risk of fraud or damage to the organization’s reputation? Does the board understand where the organization’s strategy may create ethical risks? Join a discussion of recent examples of ethical lapses, learn how to look for warning signs and understand what tools and practices are available to the board.
Key concepts covered
- Ethical lapses at the corporate level.
- How to look for warning signs of ethical lapses at the corporate level.
- Understand what tools and practices are available to the board.
Who is the course for
- Board Members
- Chief Compliance
- Officers Chief Integrity Officers
- Chief Risk Officers
- Internal Auditors
- External Auditors
- Chief Security and Information Officers